LOCATION: Canton, Massachusetts
Essex Builders is a successful construction management firm with a long-standing track record of projects across all property types. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations. The Project Manager is responsible for providing overall management direction for contracts in progress and development of new business opportunities relative to particular clients, group of clients or Architects. The Project Manager will coordinate with construction Superintendents on an assignment basis. Successful candidates MUST be well versed in Construction Means and Methods, Estimating, Construction Contracts and Project Scheduling. Additionally, the candidate should show a successful career progression from Assistant Project Manager to Project Manager and have the aptitude and drive to grow overtime into a to Project Executive.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish the project control plan (job kit). Control the rate of production and quality on all projects, their associated cost and expected receipts.
• Establish base line and monitor construction schedules. Insure construction schedules are adhered and deadlines met.
• Secure building permits, licenses and occupancy certificates.
• Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure building the project on schedule and within budget. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client and Architect. Review job cost reports and maintain accurate and timely indicated cost reporting.
• Review and approve trade contractor/vendor invoices.
• Provide Accounting Department input to establish and update job cost periodically, including: established budget, adjust estimate to complete, trade and vendor award information, change order information.
• Maintain change order log and process change orders promptly.
• Monitor corporate subcontracting policies relative to collection of insurance certificates, release of liens, final payment certificate requisitioning.
• Process Owner requisition; meet with Owners’ representative to secure approval of requisitions and collection of accounts receivables.
• Collect trade contractor/vendor warranties and guarantees, as-builts and transmit to Owners as required.
• Receive and analyze bids, review scope of work with Project Superintendent, negotiate trade contracts with policy approvals. Evaluate subcontractor’s financial capacity, construction capabilities, bonding capacity, etc.
• Coordinate meetings with Owners’ representatives, Architects/Engineers for obtaining approvals to jointly discuss procedures, progress, problems and scheduling.
• Assist in preparation of bid day information.
• Author and issue meeting minutes promptly.
• Schedule and assist in progress meetings with Trade Contractors and Construction Superintendents.
• Secure scheduling for equipment, material, shop drawing submittals and deliveries.
• Assume additional responsibilities or special projects as needed.
PRIMARY EVALUATION CRITERIA
• Meeting Owner’s requirements with respect to cost, quality and schedules.
• Meeting policy and procedure requirements with respect to project management for assigned contracts in progress.
• Maintaining satisfactory relationship with Owners’ representatives and subcontractors.
• Obtain repeat business with Owners and Architects.
• Current year position key results.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, Architectural Engineering or similar concentration, Required.
• A minimum of 3 years of applicable experience Required; 4 to 5 years of diversified project experience is Preferred.
• Breadth of experience in construction, engineering, and project management is preferred.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects. Excellent technical, interpersonal and analytical skills required.
• Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Strong computer systems knowledge.
• Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
• Must possess strong customer service skills, as well as the ability to meet Client needs.
LOCATION: Canton, Massachusetts
Essex Builders is a successful construction management firm with a long-standing track record of projects across all property types. We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager (APM) to join our growing team. The APM is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and managing office project activities. The APM reports to the Senior Vice President and supports the Project Managers. Successful candidates MUST be well versed in Construction Means and Methods, Estimating, Construction Contracts and Project Scheduling.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage project and related functions and activities.
- Insure project activities comply with company and contract requirements.
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts and initiation, follow through and logging of R.F.I.’s.
- Develop, implement and administer project procedures and other work controlling documents, including shop drawings, submittals, R.F.I. logs and schedules, etc.
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
- Interface with all company departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule including coordination of field scheduling updates for monthly requisition.
- Assist Project Manager in buyout and execution of subcontracts, amendments, purchase orders, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Coordinate change order scope with subcontractors, develop and maintain change estimate proposals.
- May be responsible for 1 or 2 small to medium sized projects.
PRIMARY EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- Timely and accurate coordination of all Change Estimate / Change Order related activity.
- Meeting policy and procedure requirements with respect to project management for assigned contracts in progress.
- Maintaining satisfactory relationship with Owners’ representatives and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, Architectural Engineering or similar concentration, Required.
- A minimum of 1 year of applicable experience Required.
- Breadth of experience in construction, engineering, and project management is preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects. Excellent technical, interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Strong computer systems knowledge.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
- Must possess strong customer service skills, as well as the ability to meet Client needs.